Job Description for Display Scientist
Displays are the window between technology and people. With microLEDs and micro-assembled backplanes, the technology constraints in displays are going away. Your imagination, your skills, and your hard work can determine what the next generation of flat panel displays can be. Xdisplay Company is seeking candidates for a Display Scientist who can turn the raw potential of microLED displays into devices that make people’s lives better. You will be a key member of the team at XDC that designs, develops, and makes microLED displays. You will work with the experts in the microLED display field. We will count on you to apply expertise in human perception and principles of display operation to direct the technology development efforts. You’ll report to the VP of Displays.Apply Now
- build and maintain a complete, dynamic understanding of microLED displays’ state-of-the-art and technology roadmap in with a strong focus on the implications on users’ visual experience,
- contextualize and communicate display technology implications internally and externally,
- formulate application-specific display performance metrics and quality requirements,
- develop, adapt, sustain, and improve driving architecture for next-generation display technologies,
- interface with team members to identify design improvement opportunities,
- identify possible causes of visual artifacts and provide approaches to mitigation,
- analyze experimental data, interpret and communicate results,
- generate and identify key IP in display architecture,
- drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- a desire to work in a fast-paced, teamwork-based start-up environment,
- a Master’s degree or PhD in a related area and 3-5+ years of post-degree work experience,
- strong understanding of the principles of display operation, timing, and power management,
- strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills,
- expertise in human visual perception,
- an eye for good aesthetics in flat panel displays,
- ability to handle sensitive device wafers and other fragile components with extreme care,
- willingness to work a flexible schedule in support of fast-paced prototyping activities,
- familiarity with test equipment: oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, DMMs, logic & spectrum analyzers,
- a strong sense of urgency.
- Prior experience in a display company highly is desirable.
- Due to facility export control rules, only US Citizens or permanent residents will be considered.
X Display Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.