Job Description for Electrical Engineer, FPGA
New display technologies need talented people to drive them to their fullest potential. Xdisplay Company is seeking candidates for an FPGA Electrical Engineer who can usher in the future of displays. Will you be the one? You will be a key member of the enthusiastic, hardworking team at XDC that designs, develops, and makes microLED displays. The team will count on you to develop driving architecture for next generation display technologies. You will work with the experts in the microLED display field, and you’ll watch it grow from infancy to mainstream. Your primary work place will be Research Triangle Park, NC, and you’ll report to the VP of Displays.Apply Now
- develop, adapt, sustain, and improve driving architecture for next-generation display technologies,
- generate FPGA based drive systems for display prototypes and subassemblies,
- interface with team members to identify design improvement opportunities,
- analyze experimental data, interpret and communicate results,
- produce documentation of FPGA based drive systems operating principles, debug procedures, and instructions for internal and external use,
- generate and identify key IP in display architecture,
- drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering discipline and 3 or more years of directly related experience,
- hands-on experience with FPGA architecture, design, coding, simulating, and debugging FPGA on actual HW,
- experience designing digital electronic systems in an FPGA platform,
- a good understanding how your HDL/RTL code will be synthesized into FPGA fabric
- skills in Verilog and/or VHDL, Altera and/or Xilinx tools (Quartus, ISE, Vivado),
- experience in microcontroller firmware design,
- PCB layout skills (Cadence OrCAD or Altium Designer or related),
- experience with communication protocols (USB, I2C, SPI, BLE, UART, I2C),
- experience with high-performance interfaces like DDR2/3/4, LVDS, DSPs, ethernet,
- experience with high-speed transceivers GTX/GTH/GTPs for interfaces like – MIPI, HDMI, DP, PCIE,
- experience with Microblaze and/or ARM based embedded processors,
- ability to select FPGA Devices based on system requirements,
- ability to handle sensitive device wafers and other fragile components with extreme care,
- willingness to work a flexible schedule in support of fast-paced prototyping activities,
- good knowledge of FPGA Clock Regions, Bank IO Constraints, Clocking resources – CMTs, PLLs, DLLs,
- understanding static timing analysis, and ability to fix timing issues,
- familiarity with test equipment: oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, DMMs, logic & spectrum analyzers,
- solid test, troubleshooting and characterization skills,
- programming experience (any of Python, C#, MATLAB, LabVIEW etc.),
- experience with display electronics and power management,
- ability to work independently on multiple concurrent development projects,
- ability to continuously prioritize and skillfully adapt plans,
- a strong sense of urgency,
- strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Experience in the display industry is a strong plus.
- Due to facility export control rules, only US Citizens or permanent residents will be considered.
X Display Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.