Job Description for Fabrication Engineer
Want to make a billion? How about a quadrillion? The next generation of flat panel displays will be filled with tiny LEDs and other microcomponents in each one of its countless pixels. Xdisplay Company is seeking candidates for a Fabrication Engineer who is passionate about miniaturization, simplicity, quality, and quantity. You will be a key member of the enthusiastic, hardworking team at XDC that designs, develops, and makes microLED displays. You will work with the experts in the microLED display field, and you’ll watch it grow from infancy to mainstream. Your primary work place will be Research Triangle Park, NC, and you’ll report to the Director of Fabrication Process Engineering.Apply Now
- provide contributions to process improvement and development of a new technology,
- analyze process data and develop improvements to key processes,
- conceptualize fabrication flows and build first-article prototypes using those concepts,
- evaluate dimensional scalability of semiconductor microfabrication processes,
- improve the assembly placement, analyze data, conduct experiments, and optimize methods,
- design and conduct experiments to verify process robustness with characterization and improvement of process capability,
- use standard software applications (MS office) and data analysis tools,
- write excellent process instructions and fabrication lot travelers,
- adjust to changing priorities and schedules to keep development projects on-track,
- maintain a high standard of housekeeping and comply with all cleanroom protocols,
- conscientiously adhere to operating procedures and work within a shared facility.
- a degree in Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or closely related field of study—any suitable combination of education, experience, and training,
- excellent organizational and communication skills,
- prior experience writing SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures),
- 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant industry,
- ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities,
- excellent teamwork capabilities and problem-solving skills,
- self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and under supervision,
- previous work in a cleanroom environment,
- hands on experience with semiconductor technology,
- the ability to work flexible work hours.
- Due to facility export control rules, only US Citizens or permanent residents will be considered.
X Display Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.