Job Description for Process Scientist
Technology breakthroughs come from people with good ideas, distinguishing eyes, skilled hands, and an undauntable commitment to progress. The next breakthrough in displays is an assembly process technology that brings devices from all the best material systems onto large format panels. Xdisplay Company is seeking candidates for a Process Scientist who can perfect micro transfer printing for displays. You will be a key member of the hard-working and talented team at XDC that designs, develops, and makes microLED displays. You will work with the experts in the field and bring it from infancy to mainstream. You will turn proven potential into real world manufacturing ubiquity. You’ll report to the Director of Fabrication Processes at XDC.Apply Now
- do micro assembly process to build display prototypes with consistently improving quality and pixel yield,
- use microscopy constantly to build intuition of key mechanisms in transfer and interconnection processes,
- chase-down sources of yield loss to ppm and ppb levels,
- do failure analyses and success analyses,
- communicate findings regularly to the team in high-quality, easy-to-read reports,
- build physical and chemical models to describe the transfer and interconnection processes,
- design experiments to optimize transfer and interconnection yields,
- do hands-on experimental work and direct a small team of engineers and technicians in experiments,
- statistically analyze and interpret experimental results,
- prepare samples for cross sectioning and high-resolution microscopy,
- drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- a desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment,
- a PhD in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field,
- strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills,
- working knowledge of LED devices and fabrication processes,
- ability to work independently on multiple concurrent development projects,
- ability to continuously prioritize and skillfully adapt plans,
- a strong sense of urgency,
- 3 or more years experience post-degree in a relevant industry, LEDs, displays, or other.
- Due to facility export control rules, only US Citizens or permanent residents will be considered.
X Display Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.